Trust

Trusting someone is like pulling your heart out of your chest and giving it to them. Opening up to someone means they can see every part of you, even the parts you don’t like. And you just have to trust that they’ll stay. And you have to trust that they won’t hurt you. Some people hurt people over and over because they can. Not everyone will be kind to your heart. But in the end, I don't think it matters. Different people have different pain tolerances, and there's no getting around that. But the heart is tough, and it can handle a few scars. Being reckless isn't the answer, but never having someone hold your heart might make you miss out on a lot. 

I've been hurt, but I don't regret any of it. If I could do things over, I would still choose to trust. The moment you feel you can trust someone, it means they somehow earned your trust. They might betray it later, but that doesn't change the fact that they did earn it at one point. That's a beautiful thing. Being able to show your true self to someone, even if it is only for a short time, is a truly incredible thing. No amount of hurt can convince me otherwise. 

Relationships of all kinds are incredibly difficult, and I usually don't like people. My friends are animals, books, writing, music, and all those things that can't hurt you. But sometimes, people make me feel things that only they can make me feel. And that's when I think relationships are worth it. I think of talking to my beautiful friends all over the world and sharing my life with them. I think of growing with them and going through so much together. I've gone through some of the hardest times in my life with the love and support of people halfway across the world. Some people can be incredible. 

Some people don't cradle your heart with care, but to live in fear of that happening would have prevented me from sharing my life with incredible people. Trusting is terrifying, but I would rather trust than not. 

It's not for everyone, certainly. But I don't think it could hurt to think about it. In the past, have you regretted doing something more than not doing something? For me, I always regret not doing something more. At least I know how it ends if I go and do it, even if it hurts. I hate not knowing or understanding things.

It's worth thinking about. When you only have one life to live—one short life to live—I'd rather be able to say I did all I could. I don't want to feel like I left something undone. I think we all want to live the best life we can. For me, I can do that through trusting. I wonder what it is for you. 

Comments